Optimise fleet management
Fleet management for businesses of any size can pose a unique set of challenges. From keeping track of your vehicles to making sure they’re always in good working order, it’s easy for things to get out of hand quickly.
Think about what can go wrong with fleet management. The potential ramifications of forgetting to schedule an MOT can be disastrous for a business and if you're the target of crime or one of your employees, unfortunately, has an accident in a company car, managing the repairs and paperwork can be a total headache.
Fortunately, there are a number of tools available that can help streamline the process and make it easier for you to manage your fleet effectively. And one of the BEST is simply to hire someone to take care of it for you - hire your friendly virtual fairy godmother (aka a VA) to wave their magic wand and make that fleet-related headache disappear!
What Virtual Assistants Can Do for Fleet Management
A virtual assistant can help you to:
- Keep track of vehicle maintenance and MOTs.
- Manage accounts and invoices.
- Manage road tax
- Negotiate and manage your insurance renewals, and any insurance claims
- Book repairs and arrange interim transport when vehicles are off the road
- Handle fuel accounts
- Schedule deliveries/pickups
- Keep track of vehicles and oversee/report on driver behaviour
- Oversee safety procedures and adherence
- Optimise routes and journeys
The Cost-Effectiveness of Using a VA for Fleet Management
44% of fleets rate increasing costs as a top challenge to daily fleet operations. Using a VA for fleet management can help you reduce costs, increase productivity and improve the quality of your service. The cost-effectiveness of using a virtual assistant for fleet management comes from:
- You'll save money by outsourcing tasks that are not part of your core competencies or don't require extensive training
- Reduce your insurance premiums
- Reduce time spend off the road by ensuring scheduled maintenance and services take place, so you can avoid costly emergencies and breakdowns
- Allow you to streamline your fleet and drop unnecessary vehicles
- Reduce mileage and keep your drivers on track
- Keep tabs on fuel accounts and expenses
Why opt for a VA over a fleet manager?
A VA can work with you on an as-needed basis instead of being hired full-time. This means that if you need more support at certain times but not others, it's easy to scale back or stop using their services altogether without having wasted any money on them in advance!
Tips for Choosing the Right VA for Fleet Management
Choosing the right virtual assistant is a crucial step in optimising your fleet management. Here are some tips to help you find the right fit:
Understand your needs. Before you begin looking for a VA, it's important to know what exactly you need them to do. If you have specific goals or objectives in mind, make sure they're communicated clearly and concisely so that all parties involved are on the same page.
Look for experience and qualifications. While it's true that anyone can claim they have skills as a virtual assistant (and many do), there are certain requirements that should be met before hiring someone as such--namely, experience related specifically to this field of work.
Fleet management is just one of the business services we have years of experience providing, not only as virtual assistants but in our previous lives as corporate PAs and business executives.
If fleet management is top of your priority list, you've come to the right place to get help. Pick up the phone to start getting your ducks - or vehicles - in a row today.